Take this job and shove it

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by brokenglass, Jan 10, 2017.

1. brokenglass

brokenglass Also-ran

Name:
    Dan
    I did my best at this job , worked almost a year . stayed late ,got my work done and when the bossed yelled I took it. I told double bmw Tim my Boss is a ******* , he laughed whats New ! I was a trainee So they started me low. After 9 months I did my job well and produced good. I asked for a raise they said not now and avoided talking about . Today My bossed was in a bad mood and yelled at me in front of other people about something small he did not like how I did it. I walked in to his office and said talk to me professionally about something you are unhappy with don"t just yell at me about it .He Just said I talk back to him and do not listen. I cleared my desk . I told him he can take this job and shove it up his ___
    ( those were my exact words ! ) It was unprofessional I should have not done it . But after almost a year of his abuse and all the other employee's receiving the same treatment , because they are over booked or he is in a bad mood.
    I gave my 110% and was not appreciated ( WHAT'S NEW ! )
    :bash

cheez, EastBayRider, Gordo and 2 others like this.
  2. momagna

momagna BLM EPA SUCK

I beleive that the Mrs Mike has openings on Stevens Creek differnet car dealership.

I bet that felt GREAT!!!

cheez likes this.
  3. brokenglass

brokenglass Also-ran

Name:
    Dan
    Thanks I will check it out :bounce

4. momagna

momagna BLM EPA SUCK

5. brokenglass

brokenglass Also-ran

Name:
    Dan
    It did feel great . but i have mixed emotions . I got to know a lot of the employee's and will miss them and a generally the job was fun and enjoyed it .
    I was a body shop advisor. But a DH boss can really put a damper and a otherwise good job !

NeverSatisfied likes this.
  6. stevebaum

stevebaum I'll seize the day tomorrow...

Name:
    Steve
    You did what you had to for your own sake of self respect. There are better jobs out there.

Tim likes this.
  7. RobertHaas

RobertHaas Gone to Facebook

Name:
    Robert
    Burning bridges never looks good to future employers

Motech likes this.
  8. Tim

Tim 2016 BMW S1000RR 2013 BMW R1200GSA

Kissing ass never looks or feels good, either. **** that STUPID ******* :2cents Nobody deserves to be abused because the boss has no clue. Why anyone would work for an ******* is beyond me :crazy You can't treat people like dirt and expect them to enjoy working for you. The cheap asses are the worst. Low pay. Zero respect and a thankless job with low employee morale. Yeah, sounds like a great place to work :twofinger

Motech, Alanrider7, wfo and 1 other person like this.
  9. wfo

wfo Let gravity be your guide.

Name:
    Gerhard
    I was in a similar situation last year. I could see the boss was gonna throw me under the bus, so I told him we were done. I didn't feel great about it, but I'm much happier where I'm working now.

10. NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied James Lucier

Name:
    James
    I was always worried about burning bridges and it only lowered my self esteem. When I became less congenial (at around 50 ) I actually made more money, and people were more respectful.
    Some did suggest I should be less angry though.
    -But after a lifetime of absorbing ******* attitudes I was pretty much through taking crap.

EastBayRider and Van like this.
  11. Alanrider7

Alanrider7 Sportbike Whisperer

When you burn a bridge, everyone sees the smoke.

12. Doug

Doug KFC-can I test ride your bike

Name:
    Doug
    My 20yo did a similar thing, the manager treated him disrespectfully and after some time asked him to work during one of his college finals. He refused, found a co worker to cover that shift and the manager disallowed it so my son quit on the spot.

My advise to him, "should have gave 2 weeks notice". Two wrongs don't make a right.

ikeabou and RobertHaas like this.
  13. Doug

Doug KFC-can I test ride your bike

Name:
    Doug
    Don't know why you hang around with us James, we're always giving you ****.

14. RobertHaas

RobertHaas Gone to Facebook

Name:
    Robert
    This is a free country. Every person has the right to walk away from a job. However how you do it speaks volumes about your own character. The momentary satisfaction of telling off your boss is not only selfish but short sighted.

You can resign and even make a statement that you disagreed with your supervisor to the point you were no longer an effective employee. Afterall you went to work for a company to provide your services to allow the company to benefit, it was a relationship. You held up your end yet the company was not a good match for you, you move on.

For every bad manager there are 10 times that many bad employees.

ikeabou likes this.
  15. NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied James Lucier

Name:
    James
    SBR *******ry is mostly constructive, with a couple exceptions...

I don't mind being instructed and I try to learn from people who know how, and are better performers, but unfair *******ry gets a negative response.
    Some people think that my taking a low approach is a weakness.
    I allow them that up to a point. It's also instructive.

Tim likes this.
  16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rex
    Eek, you had me until right there. At least in high tech, I count on both hands the managers and executives I would like to work with again, yet I have hundreds of former co-workers I would and do work with.

--
    Rex

Tim, GSmi and John like this.
  17. momagna

momagna BLM EPA SUCK

I can see your point as a business owner.

I can say as both ......

Employer Oh yes especially when the boss is a poor leader.

As an employee .... NOPE I can after 28 years at the same workplace say that there are not even 10 bosses that are very good. Most are promoted because they are literally kiss asses and /or a liability and since they will not be fired they promote them poor management skills, piss poor people skills, in it for the recognition not at all in it for the good of the job.

I trust my same level employee WAY more than a supervisor to make the correct response.

Tim likes this.
  18. aig

aig Well-Known Member

Name:
    Alan
    Normally that's not a good move. Don't burn bridges. However, the industry you're in is pretty tight; everyone talks to everyone. Sounds like your boss has a reputation, one that others will know about and sympathize with you. The fact you stayed a whole year under that a-hole is commendable; your commitment level is very high.

Good luck!

Tim likes this.
  19. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Well-Known Member

If it's a small network of companies, own it. It won't matter.
    "Did you tell <name> to stick it up his ass *chuckles* when you left?"
    "Yes, I did. In hindsight, I was caught up in the moment...the same moment time and time again, being yelled at unprofessionally amongst my peers...yada yada"
    "Okay"

20. John

John Well-Known Member

I think the only "rule" ya broke is to have the next job already lined up before you quit. G/L on the adventure, I'm sure you'll find something.

brokenglass, cheez, Tim and 4 others like this.