Importing a Motorcycle to California - 7500 mile rule

Discussion in 'Purchasing Information' started by SK3, Feb 19, 2004.

1. SK3

SK3 Had to make it a portrait

Name:
    Clay
    A friend of mine has found a screaming deal on an f4i that he is interested in. The one catch: The bike has 2400 miles and is registered in Oregon. He's heard that in order to bring a bike into California from Oregon it has to have at least 7500 miles on the ODO. First, is this true, and second.......how do we get around it?

I was thinking, get a speedo off another F4i for the day that you run to DMV? Connect the speedo cable to an electric drill for the weekend? Any better ideas? He says he'd like the ODO to be accurate after the registration which puts a kink in my electric drill plan and he downed my idea of letting me ride it for a few weeks......Oh well.
  2. Thread Status: You only have permission to view the first post in this thread.