SJ BMW Sales Manager, Tim Johnson - RIP

Discussion in 'Accidents' started by Tyler, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Name:
    Tyler (Ms.)
    I just saw this on Pashnit. RIP :angel

2. CBR900RRflyer

CBR900RRflyer Hmmmm what should I do to

Name:
    Howard
  3. fonseca

fonseca Well-Known Member

Oh no! We had a real nice business conversation not long ago. Terrible news. :(

4. chuxXR

chuxXR Undocumented User

Name:
    Chuck
    I just got the phone call about a 45 min ago...

and was looking at This BMW forum thread
    "Tim was a long time rider and had been involved in motorsports for a long time. He had ridden over 700,000 miles since the late 60's, and held a 300,000 mile award from BMW he accumulated over the past couple of decades."

GodSpeed Tim!

5. Seph

Seph Registered User

Name:
    Seph
    I met Tim long before I decided to get into the MC scene. He was a good man and will be missed. RIP Tim.

6. fonseca

fonseca Well-Known Member

He was a very accomplished rider. Even Vet riders are at risk so be careful out there guys and gals. :thumbup

7. mnb

mnb Obliterates Stereotypes

Name:
    Curt
    Oh wow, that's terrible news....

RIP Rider... :angel

8. Doug

Doug V4 Tuono Rocks

Name:
    Doug
    :angel RIP :angel

9. plumber

plumber Registered User

RIP......

10. zeminsky

zeminsky Registered User

Name:
    Mike
    RIP.

My condolences.

Am I wrong here...A runaway vehicle is a vehicle unattended right?:wtf

11. KC929

KC929 Member

Sucks!!!

I have known Tim since the early ‘90s. We have worked together, on and off for many years. The 1st thing that comes to mind was how passionate Tim was about his many interests in life, and not just motorcycles. He and I had many, many, conversations, where he told stories about his family and how much he loved them and how proud he was of them. He was a family man first and foremost. He was also an avid member of group of former military instructors. He was very proud of his service in our military, and had crazy stories of the things the young recruits would do. The best was how one of them accidently shot him in the back, (the bullet went in and exited out his shoulder) and how he turned around, grabbed the gun from the kid’s hands and hit the kid with it. During our last working relationship, his office was plastered with pictures of a Bonneville bike project that he spent his days dreaming about.
    My two best memories of Tim are when he threw me out of the Custom Chrome Dealer meeting (I was working for Indian at the time, and the two companies had strained relations) and our Sunday morning rides. Tim would just ride away from us on our big bore “sport wipes” (as he would call them) on his 650 V-Strom. Tim was so fast and so smooth. Here we were with twice the horse power, fancy tires, and riding near the maximum of our abilities, and Tim would be just going along (and pulling away) like he wasn’t even breaking a sweat. I learnt a lot about riding from Tim.
    This is a huge loss to the motorcycle community, and an even greater loss people in general. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family during this very difficult time.

Tim, my brother, you will be missed.

12. brianjolly

brianjolly Jesus Loves You

Name:
    Brian
    Sad to hear. :angel

Does anybody know when funeral services are?

13. mnb

mnb Obliterates Stereotypes

Name:
    Curt
    From what I read on another site, the vehicle was driven by a lady who lost control of her vehicle. A runaway vehicle is generally operated, but with broken controls, typically brake failure.

I'm guessing here, but she probably went wide in the turn and hit him head on.

14. aciurczak

aciurczak slower would be backwards

This is terrible news. RIP Tim...

Tim.jpg

15. RepsolRobert

RepsolRobert Chief Chocolate Officer

Name:
    Robert
    I didn't know Tim but many of you obviously did...sorry for the loss of your friend...