Fun on Mulholland

Discussion in 'Videos' started by John, Oct 3, 2011.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

2. bmwbob51

bmwbob51 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    There's a lot of pucker factor going on. There's something going on in that turn!:thinking

3. dudeonguitar

dudeonguitar Lord of the Strings

Name:
    Vinnie
    At 00:38, I hear tire grinding against gravel/sand. I think Alan is right about the wind blowing it all over the road.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Nobody had the stones to go ahead and spin up the rear?

5. Alanrider7

Alanrider7 Sportbike Whisperer

I used to live down there. The canyon winds are constant.

Look at the aftermath of this crash. Watch what the fine dust does afterwards.

6. BlueLunatic

BlueLunatic Well-Known Member

Name:
    Court
    Sure looks like the back tires on all those bikes are stepping out from losing some traction on that black asphalt patch into gaining traction just after the patch while leaned over. Near tank slappers if it was more violent.

Yes/No?

7. jeffc800

jeffc800 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jeff
    I think the video people mist a little STP on the road in the mornings. :biggrin

8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Name:
    Shawn
    I still think there is a camber issue at the exit of that corner (going uphill).

9. Redrider

Redrider Spreading your wealth

Name:
    Bill
    I just rode that section of Mulholland Hwy yesterday. That corner is a true peanut gallery. Looking up the hill from the Rock Store you can clearly see people and photographers camped out for the entertainment. Fortunately I didn't have any moments to be captured by the photographers so I'll be looking to see if they got any decent shots of me passing thru.

10. datRC

datRC Well-Known Member

Name:
    dat
    I think rider position has something to do with the crashes. Most crashed riders either seat whole butt on the seat and lean the bikes the max angle vs weight distribution. Other give half cheek on the seat, but the head is on the center on the handle bar, instead of their head should at least closer to the left mirror, that way the bike be kept more upright.

11. sidewazzz

sidewazzz You dirty monkey

Name:
    Jesus
    It's a camber thing and a slight dip.

12. 3stripes

3stripes Still learning, still leaning

Pixxy Dust or Off Camber..whichever, someone should take a broom and a straight edge out there to check that little patch of asphalt/road.

13. dabinche

dabinche Well-Known Member

I ridden there on a moped and it for sure is a up hill decreasing radius turn. I think folks fee that they have extra traction cause of the up hill. That turn isn't the smoothest either, and once you are out of the clean line it gets slippery with the dirt/gravel. And you guys are right about camber where everyone is slipping is where the camber levels out.