Relaxin' and Rallyin' - A Good Start to the New Year

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Tyler, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Name:
    Tyler (Ms.)
    I made it to Paso Robles with time to spare so finally got to ride Santa Rosa Creek Rd... previously, every time I planned to ride this one, something got in the way but not this time...
    DSC_7721-X2.jpg

DSC_7723-XL.jpg

Dig the gnarly trees, dude...
    DSC_7725-X2.jpg

View of the road ahead and the green hills that I would wind my way through...
    DSC_7727.28%20pano-X2.jpg

What a bunch of turkeys! Was glad they were in the field and not on the road...
    DSC_7731.32%20pano-X2.jpg

flashywings likes this.
  2. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Name:
    Tyler (Ms.)
    Sun was setting but I was getting close to Cambria so wasn't worried about the dimming light...

DSC_7739-X2.jpg

Overall, I liked Santa Rosa Creek Rd. but on this particular day was quite surprised by the amount of traffic on such a narrow, twisty road... including two full truck/trailer rigs pulling horses up the hill... had a pucker moment as I edged as far as I could to the right and one of those rigs inched past me barely making it past the front wheel... beautiful scenery though so I just took it easy and enjoyed the world around me...
    DSC_7737-X2.jpg

One of my fellow teammates is Nancy Foote... she and her partner, Walt Fulton, run Streetmasters which is a track school for street skills... they are great people and have a fantastic program so if you're every looking for a new workshop to try, this would be a good one!
    Me%2BNancy.jpg

The next morning, we all rose early and decided to forego breakfast right away and hit the road... the cows were coming in for breakfast behind our motel and you could hear their excited brays...
    DSC_7741-X2.jpg

One of the other riders with us was a gent named Steve riding his Victory Vision... Steve obviously has a healthy sense of tongue-in-cheek humor given his license plate...
    DSC_7744-XL.jpg

3. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Name:
    Tyler (Ms.)
    The days' points included Cal Poly, SLO courthouse, and lots of word bonuses that took us on some really fun roads... if you're in the area, look 'em up!
    20150118115502-0118151152a7E2_resized.jpg

20150118124801-0118151245a7E2_resized.jpg

Our jaunt through the central CA area took us on Pozo Rd. to Park Hill Rd. and then a gorgeous farm road, Huer Huero Rd... a few new roads to add to my ever-growing arsenal!

Nancy...
    DSC_7752-X2.jpg

Steve...
    DSC_7756-X2.jpg

End? Hardly... just the beginning!! If you've never ridden 229 (aka Rossi's Driveway), put it on your list... and expect to ride it several times back and forth...
    229.jpg

4. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Name:
    Tyler (Ms.)
    We stopped in Creston for a school bonus and then I broke off from the others to visit some friends in the area... it was getting late in the afternoon, so I bade farewell to my dear friends and headed west down 46 toward Cambria... I could see the glow of the sun setting as I neared the coast and then came around this one turn and BAM! There it was in all its glory... I pulled over, snapped a few pics as the colors just kept changing, and then put the camera down and just sat on the guardrail... sometimes the beauty of the world overpowers me and all I can do is just exist in that moment and let it wash over and into me and give thanks for being there to witness it...
    DSC_7773-X2.jpg

DSC_7775-X2.jpg

DSC_7784-X2.jpg

DSC_7778-X2.jpg

Made it back to Cambria before dark, met up with Steve and Nancy for a nice dinner, and then headed back to the motel for a nightcap... the next morning, we headed our separate ways for home and picking up points along the way before arriving at our respective homes and back to the "real" world... but there will be more adventures ahead and many, many more (s)miles!

FIN

flashywings likes this.
  5. m0t0-ryder

m0t0-ryder ryd

Name:
    John
    WORD!

Or, to fill the blanks... WORDS to live by!

Tyler likes this.
  6. Val

Val namaste

Awesome as always!

7. flashywings

flashywings Well-Known Member

Name:
    Heather
    Great photos, Tyler. So glad to enjoy some great rides through your words and the lens of your camera.

8. EricB

EricB Modulator

Name:
    Eric
    Great stuff Tyler. Thanks for sharing