President Trump - Part 4

Discussion in 'In The News' started by BillST4s, Feb 28, 2017.

1. BillST4s

BillST4s PNW Chapter

Name:
    Bill
  2. never2old

never2old I'm 76 until I put my helmet on...

Name:
    Gary
  3. Andrew

Andrew ... and Mexico will pay for it.

Name:
    Andrew
  4. 3stripes

3stripes Still learning, still leaning

I was watching with a group of people and I will say that he did well. Well being just better than a total disaster. Sorry ,if I am critical of him, watching him make it to this point with all the past rhetoric led to this uneasiness.

And my Comment while watching was, " he had a good speech writer."

cheez likes this.
  5. Andrew

Name:
    Andrew
    It was a great speech, only in that he read his lines without yelling, wandering off into the weeds or tripping over his necktie.

But it was still a bunch of crap and lies.

It's a sad day if the president is judged as successful merely for not stepping on his own dick.

Lippa, Ehsan, rideallday and 2 others like this.
  6. Van

Van Well-Known Member

Name:
    Robert
    Well someone liked what he said. The stock market is up this morning. Hell, its way up since he's taken office. I don't know about you, but i'm making money and that makes me happy.:rad

JeffKoch likes this.
  7. JeffKoch

JeffKoch Well-Known Member

Every President, including especially Obama, uses speech writers, a bunch of them. The President's job is to select the speech or parts of the speech, and deliver it well. It's ironic that the people who criticize Trump and point out that he must have used a speech writer, have glowing praise for Obama and don't mention his speech writers. :laughing Or the famously vacuous content of Obama's speeches.

I guess when your nose is packed full of dog feces by the mainstream media, it's not surprising that everything smells like dog feces.

boonhauler and afmoto like this.
  8. RobertHaas

RobertHaas Gone to Facebook

Name:
    Robert
    Will this speech get Trumps budget passed?

9. cheez

cheez Master of the Darkside

Name:
    cheez
    I seem to remember folks saying the same thing in 2000 when Dubya was elected.

Didn't last long.

Sayl likes this.
  10. RobertHaas

RobertHaas Gone to Facebook

Name:
    Robert
    Is it OK to love our country and hate our President?

Rex and cheez like this.
  11. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Name:
    Shawn
    It's easy to talk the talk...but he's got to walk the walk. As I've said time and again, I hope he does well. He just doesn't have the track record to show that he can.

Rex, cheez and bmwbob51 like this.
  12. Andrew

Name:
    Andrew
    Seemed to be pretty OK the last eight years, why not now?

Rex, cheez and code3ryder like this.
  13. afmoto

afmoto working on quality laps around the sun

Name:
    Alex
    It's technically "OK" but in my opinion it's not right when it's a democratically elected President. I disagreed with President Obama on several issues but I never "hated" him because I don't believe any past or present President ever signed up for the job with bad intentions. I'm not eligible anyway but it's a horrible job that impacts not only the individual, but their entire family for as long as they live. Literally millions of people want to kill the POTUS and the homicide rate is worse than living in the bad parts of Oakland or Chicago (9% of Presidents have been murdered, 36% were targets of assassination attempts). No matter what you do, hundreds of millions, possibly billions, of people in the US and around the world will hate you. The level of personal sacrifice is off the charts, I can't imagine how anybody willingly signs up for such a "life sentence". Based on that alone, I can and have disagreed with current and past Presidents for their policies or ideas but "hate" is not OK.

14. cheez

Name:
    cheez
    Excellent response. I didn't "hate" Dubya either, I just disagreed with him vehemently. People lose sight of the fact that these folks _also_ want the best for America, they just disagree about how to achieve it.

I might hate Trump as a man, for his misogyny and bullying and general poor ethics. I know I dislike him very severely. Would I throw a bucket of water on him if he were aflame? Sure, but I might hesitate a moment longer than with, say, you. ;)

15. cheez

Name:
    cheez
    This is too funny not to share, though...

j0G3WK4.jpg

16. PorradaVFR

PorradaVFR Well-Known Member

Name:
    Al
    What’s actually ironic is how you and Alan and the other usual suspects aren’t calling Trump out for using TelePrompTers. Remember, when that was a criticism?

Trump-speech-congress-1-1280x720-743x418.jpg

C’mon, stand on principle for once. Or...were you full of crap before? Which is it?

Trump didn’t **** the bed, agreed. He did better than expected - by everyone including you. That’s how low he’s set the bar - a competent speech is lauded. Consider that.

cheez likes this.
  17. JeffKoch

Yup. Even Bush, who I was as opposed to as I eventually became to Obama, undoubtedly meant well and did what he thought was best for the country. Yes, he invaded Iraq and saddled us with a disaster that reverberates to this day, but I don't doubt that he thought it was the best move at the time, post-9/11. The trick is, getting someone in the White House who not only means well, but gets it right. That jury is not yet even assembled for Trump.

18. JeffKoch

I don't even understand what on Earth you are talking about. But I guess it's good enough to get a "like" from your liberal lapdog, even if it's schizophrenic gibberish...

19. plantguy

plantguy Well-Known Member

Name:
    David
    Simmer down experts, trump pulled it off and had a rare moment, a competent speech, amazing. Content was limited with lots of un answered questions but surprisingly he did not **** on himself or his party and more importantly our country.
    I was only able to stand looking at the **** eating grin of Pence and Ryan for about ten minutes and switched to watching a real American hero, Andy Griffin last night.
    Aw, I have lost a bit of interest in the trump freak show, he'll implode but the real deal has started as I am watching the Giants and Dodgers play a spring training game with Kruk and Kuip talking to Cody Ross.... trump who? DR

20. plantguy

plantguy Well-Known Member

Name:
    David
    That's because your to busy talking over him and not listening to what he is saying. DT

PorradaVFR and cheez like this.