President Trump - Part 5

Discussion in 'In The News' started by BillST4s, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillST4s

BillST4s PNW Chapter

Name:
    Bill
  2. Joel

Joel none of the above

Name:
    Joel
    Some news from Washington today

March 22, 2017, 11:32 a.m.

Trump transition team was picked up by U.S. surveillance, Rep. Devin Nunes says

U.S. intelligence agencies picked up communications involving members of the Trump transition team late last year and reports of the conversations were circulated within the government, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday.

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports," he said.

Under the law, identities of Americans whose communications are picked up by intelligence eavesdropping of foreign targets are supposed to be kept confidential unless the conversations relate to espionage or some other potential crime that warrants further investigation.

cheez likes this.
  3. PorradaVFR

PorradaVFR Well-Known Member

Name:
    Al
    The other day Trump straight up said that the CIA was hacked during the Obama administration...thereby both leaking and confirming confidential information publicly. The leaks are real....and given that he said it on Fox he can’t claim the story is “fake news”, right?

How long is it going to take for leaders (actual leaders) in the GOP to call this guy out for the idiot he is? A loose cannon that gets his Twitter (!!!) material not from actual intelligence sources which he’s in charge of - no, no...he goes to InfoWars and Breitbart. It’s literally beyond parody.

4. PorradaVFR

Name:
    Al
    ...and the budget fairy is going to fly down and dust all the states with the funds required to support the law enforcement, judicial and incarceration costs of treating a complex problem with the simplicity of...someone that believes in fairy takes.

What actually reduces crime? Education. Employment. Economic and social opportunity.

You know, the stuff being cut in the GOP budget. But hey, why bother with empirical data when we live in the age of gut feeling policy? MORE PRISONS (as if already having the largest per capita incarceration rates at costs that far exceed education isn’t already enough) will fix things!

maico69z and Classick like this.
  5. Classick

Classick Off Topic King

Name:
    Dave
    A muslim isnt a weapon,
    A gun is.

We CAN restrict instruments of death

we CANNOT restrict someones faith.

Nothing more needs to be debated.. your comparison is just wrong Alex

cheez and dudeonguitar like this.
  6. Classick

Classick Off Topic King

Name:
    Dave

lets see if anyone points out any hypocrisy about "well if you have nothing to hide then it shouldnt matter who's listening"

7. Joel

Joel none of the above

Name:
    Joel
    Its a felony to "unmask" a citizen that has been incidentally surveilled. Lets see if anyone goes to jail

8. Classick

Classick Off Topic King

Name:
    Dave
    no one has so far... i dunno why they would start now.

there's a long "to-Jail" list... they should start at the top.... they're all a bunch of slimey bastards

9. PorradaVFR

Name:
    Al
    ...if they aren’t implicated in criminal activity. Incidental material is destroyed/deleted...but if there’s probable cause there’s almost certainly a FISA warrant which means the intel gathered is on the up and up.

10. Xler8

Xler8 America's Toast.

So why was #fakePOTUS talking to the Russians? :)

11. Classick

Classick Off Topic King

Name:
    Dave
    I've kinda noticed a pattern.... "we" have so SO many links to post about absurd, horrifying, heartless, thoughtless, and with any luck illegal actions and policies that have been enacted or supported under 45's watch.... so we post it, to bring attention to it, and to keep if from being normalized..... and then its debated

but i dont think i've seen a trump supporter post anything positive that he's done.... at all... ever... like ever ever... 45 and his whole administration is basically on full time defensive because all he does is stir up ****.

so... supporters... aside from "yeee haw he's keepin the muslims out (from at least a few specific countries, not all).... and "wooo hoo if im already a multi millionaire, i get to keep poor peoples lunch money now"..... where is there ANY positive side to this president????

cheez likes this.
  12. Joel

Joel none of the above

Name:
    Joel

uhh that's the point here Al - somebody leaked these reports with unmasked names of the Trump transition team - There was a legal fisa for the original intel and it did not involve Russia or any Russians...

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports," he said - Rep. Devin Nunes chairman of the House Intelligence Committee

13. RobertHaas

RobertHaas Gone to Facebook

Name:
    Robert

More prisons, OK we already have more then any other country in the history of the world, have more prisoners too. So Uhm OK lets keep doing that.

Increase the sentences by a factor of 3 This is fine with me. In fact if we just forced the courts and judges to impose the maximum that exist they would achieve your requests.

Keep them locked up. I like this too, however the penal system needs an enema and the hundreds of thousands doing long sentences on drug and non violent felonies need to get released.

Yet you overlooked the glaring omission of your plan. Prosecute with extreme prejudice all gun crimes to the absolute maximum. After all why should you (The legal law abiding gun owners) not be shown as a shining example of following the law of the land. Any felon that is in possession of an unregistered or stolen firearm should do mandatory prison time. I would feel much safer knowing that the Law Enforcement focus will go towards arresting, convicting and locking up outlaws with guns and not some guy selling a few pounds of weed.

code3ryder likes this.
  14. afmoto

afmoto working on quality laps around the sun

Name:
    Alex
    I presented an "analogy": the difference between comparison and analogy is that comparison is the act of comparing or the state or process of being compared while analogy is a relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.

Your comments about "instruments of death" or "restricting faith" are irrelevant to the conversation and the analogy. Simply stating that "your comparison is just wrong" does not make it so, and is about as persuasive as a child's argument "nuh-uh!" :smilewink :twofinger

15. Classick

Classick Off Topic King

Name:
    Dave
    i can google too Alex

Your analogy is COMPARING apples to oranges... and trying to say we have laws governing apples, so we should have laws governing oranges.

it makes no sense at all

16. afmoto

Name:
    Alex
    Can you try to explain to me why it's a "fairy tale" to allocate the "funds required to support law enforcement, judicial and incarceration costs" but allocating (exponentially more) funds to "education, employment, economic and social opportunity" is somehow plausible?? Seems to me that we just have polar opposite strategies, where I would just cage up the bad seeds, while you would do all that nice-nice stuff, in hopes that the bad seeds wouldn't turn to crime. Arguably your solution is more costly because it targets a much, much broader group of people, while my solution is very much targeted at a specific group and keeps convicted criminals away from the rest of society.

17. afmoto

Name:
    Alex
    Nuh-uh! :laughing :twofinger

18. Classick

Classick Off Topic King

Name:
    Dave
    na na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo

KTMrc and afmoto like this.
  19. gino831

gino831 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Gene

Last I heard, the cost to house, feed, contain, etc., not including the cost to prosecute, was running California more than $45,000 per year, per prisoner. I have zero data from the feds, too lazy to look it up. My point being that making folks into prisoners is not without direct costs, sometimes well worth spending. The cost needs to be understood and accepted as a part of the price of having our current society.

Now that whole consideration of who should be locked up, should non-violent drug users be in prisons or in rehab? That is another interesting and worthwhile debate. Maybe our society needs a different/more tools than our current penal system that seems to be a one size fits all problems solution.

20. afmoto

Name:
    Alex
    God I love you!! :laughing That's exactly what I'm saying, no mercy for criminals and nail their balls to the wall! A convicted felon has absolutely no rights to have an unregistered or stolen or any other kind of gun, so slap them with a minimum 25 year prison sentence without chance of parole and let them rot in a f'n cage!! I don't want some pos California legislator letting them out of prison because they were technically "non-violent" just because they didn't actually pull the trigger, why should the rest of society have to wait until one of these dirtbags shoots somebody before we lock 'em up in a cage??! Recidivism rates are ridiculous, aren't we all tired of this damn revolving door where career criminals are constantly in and out of prison? Let's quit wasting money on the legal system to convict them over and over, just stick 'em in a damn cage and throw away the key! :bash