Motocross Hangtown RD1 - May 20th 2017

Discussion in 'Supercross/Motocross' started by Andy, May 11, 2017.

1. Andy

Andy Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy
  2. Andy

Andy Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy
  3. eroseme

eroseme Orange is the new Red

Name:
    Eric
    I'll be there at 8am. Can't wait for the 2stroke race!

Everyone is wondering if Dungey will show up for Hangtown, but no word yet. Tomac, Musquin, Anderson, Wilson, Webb - fun riders to watch, even though Tomac should stomp everyone (even Dungey). Really hoping Plessinger can win some 250 O/As.

Andy likes this.
  4. RBoardman

RBoardman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    I think Webb will have a very good year.

5. never2old

never2old I'm 75 until I put my helmet on...

Name:
    Gary
    I think Dungey is still under contract to do the outdoors?

6. eroseme

Name:
    Eric
    Yes, but could probably exit from that. He could pull a Millsaps and pretend to have an injury, except that's not the type of thing he would do. I was kind of thinking that Villopoto was still under contract to Kawasaki, and that's why he went to Europe.

7. GSmi

GSmi Dirtschmob'n

Name:
    Greg
    I thought there was going to be a PR today from KTM on Dungey missing MX this summer due to "injury"

8. never2old

never2old I'm 75 until I put my helmet on...

Name:
    Gary
  9. eroseme

Name:
    Eric
    Hey - the Lucas Oil Moto Tees 18wheeler just went by on I80, full of t-shirt treasure. I was at MPC KTM and they say that they will have Team KTM at the store for autographs on Friday (usually at 6pm). I imagine that Team Husky will be there too. They did not know if Dungey will be there. Also, their parking lot is being rebuilt right now. If it is still closed on Friday, then better get there early - there is nowhere to park!

10. GSmi

GSmi Dirtschmob'n

Name:
    Greg
    I wonder if all the RD5 shirts that were made for the Moto 2017 season get sent off like the runner up memorabilia for Stick and Ball sports

11. eroseme

Name:
    Eric
    I read on Vital that after the retirement announcement some kind of Dungey memorabilia online store came up. So on the contrary, I think they are gonna try and profit from the announcement.

12. eroseme

Name:
    Eric
    Hahahahaha. The 125 2T practice is 10 minutes: 11:35-11:45. The 125 2T moto is 10 minutes: 12:20-12:30. That's even shorter than an OTHG 58+ Novice moto!

Rex likes this.
  13. xAFMRacer

xAFMRacer better not call saul!

Name:
    Saul
    2017 Hangtown MX | 250 Class Provisional Entry List

6. Jeremy Martin
    16. Zach Osborne
    17. Joey Savatgy
    23. Aaron Plessinger
    24. Austin Forkner
    26. Alex Martin
    28. Mitchell Oldenburg
    36. Adam Cianciarulo
    38. Shane McElrath
    39. Colt Nichols
    42. Kyle Cunningham
    45. Mitchell Harrison
    46. Justin Hill
    50. Luke Renzland
    57. Jimmy Decotis
    78. Nick Gaines
    96. Vann Martin
    108. Dylan Ferrandis | First MX race in the US for Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha rider.
    128. Cameron McAdoo | Making pro MX debut with GEICO Honda.
    129. Sean Cantrell | Making pro debut with Troy Lee Designs/GoPro/Red Bull/KTM.
    179. Jon Ames
    183. Lorenzo Locurcio
    200. Joachim Falden
    234. Brough McCoy
    235. Tucker Cantrell
    321. Bradley Lionnet
    341. Nico Izzi
    342. Michael Mosiman | Making pro debut with Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna team.
    388. Brandan Leith
    427. Deegan Vonlossberg
    522. Cole Zitterkopf
    529. Broc Loftus
    558. Jerry Robin
    660. Stone Edler
    677. Cody Williams
    702. Josiah Hempen
    767. Mason Wharton
    791. Gustavo De Souza
    820. Dalton Oxborrow
    892. Garret Ioppolo

MISSING FROM THE LIST

31. RJ Hampshire | A last-lap crash at Toronto left the GEICO Honda rider with a broken tibia and fibula, and he’s out for the start of the MX season.
    43. Matt Bisceglia | Out for the start of the MX season due to a broken leg.
    44. Jordon Smith | Troy Lee Designs/GoPro/Red Bull/KTM rider has opted out of Hangtown MX due to lingering issues from Las Vegas SX crash.
    58. Chris Alldredge | Sustained multiple internal injuries in a crash with Shane McElrath at 2017 Seattle SX, is out for an undetermined amount of time.
    59. Noah McConahy | Sustained back injuries in a crash at 2017 Seattle SX, is out for the remainder of the season.
    74. Bradley Taft | CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha rider still on the sidelines after concussion earlier in the year.

2017 Hangtown MX | 450 Class Provisional Entry List

2. Cooper Webb | 450 class outdoor debut with Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha.
    3. Eli Tomac
    4. Blake Baggett
    14. Cole Seely
    15. Dean Wilson
    19. Justin Bogle
    20. Broc Tickle
    21. Jason Anderson
    25. Marvin Musquin
    30. Martin Davalos | Jumps to 450 class with Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna.
    32. Weston Peick
    33. Josh Grant
    40. Fredrik Noren
    48. Christian Craig | Jumps to 450 class in place of Ken Roczen at Team Honda HRC for the summer.
    51. Justin Barcia
    68. Heath Harrison
    70. Dakota Alix | Making 450 class debut with Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM.
    121. Cody Cooper
    125. Josh Mosiman
    140. Austin Kouba
    144. Nicolas Rolando
    151. Dakota Tedder
    154. Brandon Scharer
    167. Zach Bell
    170. Zack Williams
    215. Christian Cicero
    224. Edgar Foedish
    240. Bryce Stewart
    262. Connor Pearson
    279. Thales Vilardi
    333. Rhys Carter
    335. Jeremy McCool
    447. Deven Raper
    461. Thomas Richards
    482. Riley Brough
    534. Travis Freistat
    544. Morgan Burger
    553. Brent Rouse
    606. Ronnie Stewart
    645. Cheyenne Harmon
    670. Dylan Schmoke
    743. Nicolo Gobbi
    771. KJ Mckenzie
    825. Zachary Peddie
    917. Drew Thomas
    926. Kaven Benoit
    941. Angelo Pellegrini
    981. Austin Politelli

MISSING FROM THE LIST

5. Ryan Dungey | Red Bull KTM rider announced his retirement from racing days prior to the start of 2017 MX season.
    10. Justin Brayton | Has opted for Supercross-only contracts in the United States and Australia, turned down factory ride with Team Honda HRC for the summer.
    12. Jake Weimer | On sidelines unless needed by AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki team.
    18. Davi Millsaps | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider to undergo surgery for injured wrists.
    22. Chad Reed | Had a Supercross-only contract with Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha.
    34. Benny Bloss | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider out for the start of the MX season with a shoulder injury.
    37. Phil Nicoletti | Out for multiple rounds due to a heel injury sustained at Arlington SX. Will return later to ride in the 450 class for AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki.
    41. Trey Canard | Red Bull KTM rider out for the first round after being injured testing for the upcoming National championship.
    47. Malcolm Stewart | Deal with Stewart Racing/Ride365.com was only for Supercross. Has expressed interest in filling in for a team if needed.
    67. Jimmy Albertson | Privateer is out for the remainder of the season due to injuries sustained at Daytona SX.
    94. Ken Roczen | Out for undetermined amount of time due to broken radius and elbow and wrist dislocation sustained in Anaheim Two crash.
    377. Christophe Pourcel | Has decided to withdraw from Supercross, will contest Canadian MX championship for Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna.
    800. Mike Alessi | Racing Canadian series with Monster Energy/Alpinestars/Kawasaki.

http://motocross.transworld.net/new..._fb_social_MTCRS_170519_sf80164760#sf80164760

14. xAFMRacer

Name:
    Saul
    Who all will be out at Hangtown this weekend?

My kid and I have decided to not go to the WORCS race in Cedar City, UT nor the AMAWHS is Pioche,NV so sounds like Hangtown Saturday to watch some racing. Then go ride E-Street Sunday for the ANSR/Nick Wey ride day.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 2.43.46 PM.png

Rex likes this.
  15. eroseme

Name:
    Eric
    I'll be at Hangtown. Leaving my house on my EXC about 7am - probably get there at 7:30 or so. I am just gonna walk around - not gonna sit in any particular spot. WIll bail at 3pm (after first motos) or earlier if it's too hot.

16. RBoardman

RBoardman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    250:
    Plessinger, Martin x2 (in no particular order)

450:
    Tomac (and everyone else miles behind)

17. Andy

Andy Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy
  18. xAFMRacer

Name:
    Saul
  19. xAFMRacer