Thanks for the tour Mike Sunday 07/13/08

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Digger, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Digger

Digger Buellistic Projectile

Name:
    Brian
    On Sunday, Mike (aka EQPlayer) showed me some of his favorite roads, which included at least one "goat trail", which I've now determined that, while clearly a fun and beautiful road, is not quite as sport bike friendly as I was thinking. My bike started to feel like one of those mechanical bulls! The rest of the roads were fun.

We started at Page Mill Road, then went to Alpine and connected to Pescadero Creek Road, which I think we followed to the coast. Then I THINK we went Tunitas Creek Road up to Skyline and hung out for a bit at Alice's Restaurant. Here are some pics I took of the journey. Here's Mike and the bikes and some nice pics from the road...

Imgp1012.jpg

Imgp1013.jpg

Imgp1014.jpg

Imgp1017.jpg

Imgp1018.jpg

2. Doug

Doug Orange Crate Rider

Name:
    Doug
    I love this road, this turn is a favorite!

3. Digger

Digger Buellistic Projectile

Name:
    Brian
    Mo' pics, including some shots from the Ducati Motard demos and a realy sick 'Busa...

Imgp1023.jpg

Imgp1026.jpg

Imgp1029.jpg

Imgp1030.jpg

Imgp1031.jpg

4. mnb

mnb Obliterates Stereotypes

Name:
    Curt
    Yeah, Mike sure does like the goat trails. If you're looking for a remote, windy, ultra narrow, poorly paved road to ride on, hang with him. But you might consider picking up a dual sport. For your back's sake... :lol

Alpine is the best, most often left out of a ride, road in the SC Mtns, IMO. It's got the smooth part, but with tight turns and then some pretty serious goat action, too. The forested section and the brook it runs along side of are just beautiful, especially in spring.

Yeah, Tunitas is a pretty rough ride. A different kind of rough compared to sections of Stage Road, Gazos or Swanton. Those are just huge ass dips waiting to swallow you and your bike whole. Tunitas is a jackhammer ride.

Here's another one to be wary of... the bottom third of the assault to the observatory on Mt. Hamilton Road - from Grant Ranch up. And then a brief spot about 3/4 of the way up where some nasty dips drop in to remind you who's REALLY the boss out there. It kinda sucks, because, that aside, it's a great ride. Some great, tight turns there. Wonderful road to practice your hairpins on. And when you get to the top, the view's great and you can take the tour sometimes, which is kinda neat if you've never done it.