Arizona Ride

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by 1stgear, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
    After the Pozo/Pismo ride, Asita and I went to Arizona to retrieve her wedding rings. She'd forgot them on our last trip there a couple weeks ago. We stayed for a few days and I did some riding, 100 miles the first day and 50 the 2nd day. The riding was epic, the scenery beautiful. Here's just a few of the photos I took. This is Southwest Arizona, in and around the Quarzsite/Hope area. If you get a chance, go there. It's well worth the trip. :thumbup
    0202091440.jpg

0202091523.jpg

0201091605.jpg

0202091631.jpg

0202091352.jpg

2. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
  3. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
  4. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
  5. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
    Quartzsite has a massive open air market where you can buy just about anything. It's a destination for RVers and snowbirds wanting to escape the cold weather. Hope you enjoyed the photos. :biggrin
    0203091031.jpg

6. CBR900RRflyer

CBR900RRflyer Hmmmm what should I do to

Name:
    Howard
    That is an awesome area...:thumbup

It's really not a good idea to go there in mid summer though...:devil :(

7. ttr225guy

ttr225guy Abuser

Name:
    Dalin
    That sure looks like fun! How long of a drive? 15hrs one way?

8. never2old

never2old I'm 75 until I put my helmet on...

Name:
    Gary
    Good stuff Jeff thanks for posting the pictures :thumbup

9. Andy

Andy Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy
  10. mnb

mnb Obliterates Stereotypes

Name:
    Curt
  11. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
    As I was there twice this month, I rode about 250 miles of dirt biking and we also did a street bike ride to Lake Havasu. Best time of year to go is January, that's when the gem show happens in Quartzsite. I think there's something like 500,000 people there in the winter and less than 500 in the summer (temps reach 120 degrees). We typically make the drive in about 9 or 10 hours. It would be a great destination for a street bike ride, if you took twisty roads getting there. Only one motel is available but there are bizzillions of RV's. If you want to ride off road, there are plenty of dirt roads and BLM land available to explore. Mostly people ride quads and do rock hunting. :cool

12. KwikKwak

KwikKwak Well-Known Member

Name:
    Chris
    Looks great Jeff! :thumbup

13. Trumper

Trumper Eclectic Dilettante

Name:
    Tom
    All that dez down that way is nice country. Even better when you get over to Tucson on eastward to the Sonoran.

Was there a ZZ Top concert in Hope? :laughing

14. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
    I'd love to explore the Tucson area or just about any of the dez country out there. My biggest problem when riding these areas, is running out of gas and daylight. It such a feeling of freedom and adventure. There's an RV park and a gas station in Hope. If a rock band showed up they'd probably run 'em out of town at gun point. :lol

15. Andy

Andy Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy
    Hi Jeff,

So was the town of Hope where you staged?

16. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Name:
    Jeff
    I stayed in Quartzsite. I rode a combination of dirt roads and pavement to get to Hope. If you have a plated bike, there are numerous opportunities for dual sport rides. OHV opportunities are limited if you don't have a license plate but the scenery and open air market make the journey worthwhile.

17. justinandkarna

justinandkarna PUBLIC Lands

Yummy!

:drool

18. BlueBuellFool

BlueBuellFool Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tim
    Great looking pictures. :thumbup How much for that big sun in the middle of this pic?:tongue