Met a new Andy today

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by 880jedi, Oct 20, 2009.

1. 880jedi

880jedi Lord Vader is my Hero

Name:
    Dave
    Mid week ride due to time off for good behavior at work, and the rains washed off my old favorite roads. Cambria is always on my list, so a ride was called. A bunch of lookyloo's but only one taker. A gent named Andy. He only has 2 posts, so he must be a noob. I'll mentor this one on how we do it, Busa style. :cool

We met in San Leandro, had to lane split all the way to San Jose and got to Hollister a little later than planned. We got gas at the Shell station and all of a sudden a huge Ford F-950 beast parks right in front of my bike, and way to damn close for my liking. Time to break out a can of spinach on this dude. Then I saw the license plate, and the driver sitting in the truck with a big smile. It was John! :smilewink He saw us and stopped to say hello before he left town on his own mission.

We stopped at Starbucks, and it was empty of fellow SBR riders, so a cold one to go and off we went.
    Highway 25 was nice, and Peachtree/Indian Valley was equally good. Very little washed out from the rains. A change of lunch plans to eat in San Miguel due to it being 12:30 an my stomach was empty.

A quick run over 46 to Cambria for a shot of liquid energy, and a run up the coast with breakneck speeds and gas in Carmel, and guess who we see? Bill with his FJR, and somehow we were within each others reach all day, but just didn't know it. A quick BS session and gas, and off to the East Bay via Highway 1 to 17 and 880. More lane splitting for sure with the working stiffs, and a great day of riding for sure.

This is Andy (killakeyes). Nice gentleman. Don't let the bike fool you. It didn't get that way falling over in the Starbucks parking lot. He has mad skills, and is sneaky fast. He is a member of that other forum (the one that rhymes with scarf :biggrin ), so a warm welcome by SBR is in order.
    Met a new Andy 001.jpg

My to-go juice.
    Met a new Andy 002.jpg

My lunch. A turkey bacon wrap. Way good for sure.
    Met a new Andy 003.jpg

Andy's lunch of a hot pastrami sandwich.
    Met a new Andy 006.jpg

Andy grabbed my camera and caught me eating my salad first.
    Met a new Andy 005.jpg

2. 880jedi

Name:
    Dave
    The girl who made Andy's sandwich was embarrassed that she forgot the cheese. I told her to run like hell, cause he's pissed! :lol
    Met a new Andy 007.jpg

Andy's helmet reminds me of a WWII plane with the teeth on it! :rad
    Met a new Andy 008.jpg

I told Bill to pose for the shot. He said "I already am posing, dude". :lol :lol
    Met a new Andy 009.jpg

A great day of riding and meeting a new riding partner was a bonus!

END

3. Trumper

Trumper Eclectic Dilettante

Name:
    Tom
    That's pretty hard-core down that far and then back up 1 to East Bay.

How was Highway 1? I almost came up yesterday, but the forecast for rain and fog nixed that plan.

Glad to see you away from Chicken Nuggets and into some decent food. That Lipton tea swill has gotta go though....

4. schteve

schteve Fd2Blk

Name:
    Stephen
    KillaKeys is onehellofarider..:ride Thanks for sharing.

5. FireStormer

FireStormer Unknown Member

Name:
    Mike
    But where is the lama...... :lol :lol :lol

6. 880jedi

Name:
    Dave
    He's on his way to your house. :lol

7. BillST4s

BillST4s PNW Chapter

Name:
    Bill
    Be careful, this guy is everywhere. :shifty I met him on my ill fated trip to Weaverville in May.

8. Laura

Laura Handier than rubber bands

Name:
    Laura
    It's not nice to be pimping out Bruce, the llama! :lol

Looks like a good time! :ride

9. killakeyes

killakeyes Active Member

Name:
    andy
    It was nice meeting you too Dave. What's the deal with the llama tho?? I don't get it.:thinking

10. 880jedi

Name:
    Dave
    Don't ask. :lol :lol